Module-1 Piping Design and Engineering (fundamentals)
- Introduction to piping designing & engineering
- Evolution of piping
- Manufacturing methods
- Piping materials and selection
- Pipe dimensioning
- Schedule numbers
- Common piping abbreviations
- Major organizations for standards
- Commonly American code in piping ASME/ANSI
- Common abbreviations etc
Module-2 Basic Piping components required
- Type of Fittings – elbows, weld tee, stub in, couplings, reducers, weld cap, screwed and socket welded fittings, Pipe nipples, flanged fittings and use of fittings
- Type Flange -Types, P-T ratings and facings.
- Gaskets, bolts and nuts.
- Major Valves – Types, Materials operations, applicability, codes and specifications.
Module-3 Piping Equipment
- Horizontal vessels/accumulators
- fractionation columns, pumps
- heat exchangers
- air cooled heat exchanger
- cooling towers
- storage tanks
- fractional distillation process and vendor data drawings
- Prepare layout of Different type lights
Module-4 Piping Engineering flow diagram and its concept
- Uses of flow diagrams, process flow diagrams
- mechanical flow diagrams, utility flow diagrams
- piping symbols
- line symbols
- valve symbols
- piping isometrics
- general arrangement drawings- sections/elevations/ detail drawings
- plot plan procedures
Module-5 Process system
- Purpose of P&ID’S
- study of P&ID’S
- stages of development of P&ID’S
- process and instrumentation diagrams
- process equipments
- symbols usage according to industrial practices
- Purpose of P&ID in process industrial/plants.
Module-6 Basic knowledge of applicable standards
- ASME/ANSI Codes & Specification
- Specification classes
- Piping abbreviations
- General abbreviations
Module-7 Designing & engineering of Piping Diagram in software
- Plant Co-ordinate Systems
- Site Plans, Unit Plot Plan
- Equipment Location Drawing
- Foundation Location Drawing
- Pipe Rack Spacing
- Drawing pipe in the rack
- pipe insulation shoes, pipe guides
- field supports, dummy supports
- hanger rods
- spring hangers
- pick-up pipe supports
- plant utilities
- control valve manifolds
- utility stations
- sewer and under ground piping system
Module-8 ASME Engineering
- Pipe wall thickness calculations
- operating pressure
- design pressure
- operating & design temperature
- max allowable operating pressure
Module-9 ASME pressure design
- Pipe, elbows
- mitre bends
- reinforcement pad calculation for branch connections
- expansion joints and gaskets
- AutoCAD : Drawing Creation ( P&ID, PFD, Layouts, and all fabrication Drawings)
- PIPE STRESS ANALYSIS – CAESAR II :
- Introduction to Pipe Stress Analysis.
- Stress- Strain relationship, analysis like- why piping components fail.
- Classification of loads- sustained load & occasional load.
Requirements of ASME B31.3 code for process piping, stress intensification factors, thermal analysis using Kellogg charts.
- Piping stress, causes, impacts, stress categories like- thermal stress, longitudinal stress, hoop stress and allowable stresses.
- PLANT DESIGN MANAGMENET SYSTEM (PDMS) :
- Equipment Modeling.
- Pipe Routing.
- Equipment Modeling.
This course aim comprehensively at providing a systematic development of skills and knowledge of piping with international standard.
At the end of the training, participants will be given internationally accredited certificate that has helped our past graduates obtain well Paying Jobs and Promotions in Multinational Companies, within and outside Nigeria. This is because our training Certificates have International and Federal Government Approved Accreditation Seals of Regulatory Bodies Such As, But Not Limited To;
- ISPON – Institute Of Safety Professionals Of Nigeria
- WSO – World Safety Organization (USA)
- OGTAN – Oil And Gas Trainers Association Of Nigeria
- DPR – Department Of Petroleum Resources (DPR)
- ITF – Industrial Training Fund
- NRCS – Nigerian Red Cross Society
- NCMD – Nigerian Council Of Management Development
- PROTRAININGS USA
Our training methodology involves different training methods such as lectures, discussion and interaction with instructor and fellow students, analyses of case studies and role play, use of powerpoint, presentation slides, exercises, videos, videos cds, computer network and e-learning connection (distance learning).
Target Audience: Undergraduates , NYSC, employed and Job Seekers
- Oil and gas operators and engineers
- petrochemical engineers
- construction project managers/engineers
- power plant project manager/engineers
- refinery operator/engineers
- heavy fabrication industries engineers
Course Fee : Call for additional information
Account name: Jobskills training institute limited
First bank account: 2026111382
Zenith bank account: 1013267587
Payment Must Be Made Before or On the Day of Training and Send Your Teller Number To 08164085555