This basic computer skills course will provide you with an understanding of the most popular, current technologies used at home and in the workplace. You will become computer literate in this hands-on course while you learn to access, create, save and manage documents, spreadsheets and emails and use the Internet effectively. We demystify terminology and impart best practice skills for productive and secure use of software and hardware.
This course aims to familiarize you with computers and Microsoft Windows, while learning basic computer, mouse and keyboard skills in a supportive classroom environment.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Appropriately start up and shut down your computer
- navigate the operating system and start applications
- perform basic functions of file management
- perform basic functions in a word processor and spreadsheet
- manage print settings and print documents
- receive and send emails
- Use a web browser to navigate the Internet.
Hardware and software
- The main components of a computer, including input and output devices
- The function of communication devices such as smartphones and tablets
- The role of Operating Systems, programs and apps
- Turning on the computer and logging on
- The Windows screen
- Running programs from the Start Menu
- Minimizing, maximizing, moving, resizing and closing windows
- Logging off and shutting down your computer
Working with programs
- Running multiple programs
- Desktop icons and creating a desktop shortcut
- Managing programs from the taskbar
- Closing programs
- Managing Windows Explorer
- Creating, moving, renaming and deleting folders and files
- Understanding file extensions
- Viewing storage devices and network connections
- Managing USB flash drives
- Creating documents in Microsoft Word
- Typing text, numbers and dates into a document
- Easy formatting
- Checking the spelling in your document
- Making and saving changes to your document
- Understanding spreadsheet functionality
- Creating spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Typing text numbers and dates into a worksheet
- Easy formulas
- Easy formatting
- Making and saving changes to your workbook
- Printing a worksheet
- Print preview
- Print settings
- Managing the print queue
- The Outlook mail screen elements
- Composing and sending an email message
- Managing the Inbox
Accessing the internet
- Going to a specific website and bookmarking
- Understanding how to search/Google effectively
- Copy and paste Internet content into your documents and emails
- Stopping and refreshing pages
- Demystifying the Cloud
- Computer security best practices
Joining a Zoom Meeting
- Discuss the concepts and requirements of virtual conferencing
- Participate in an interactive Zoom Meeting
Are Basic Computer Skills Still Needed?
Proficiency with computer skills and technology is increasingly important in today’s workplace. As we rely more on software, it’s necessary to have a training program that helps employees develop baseline computer skills and stay on top of evolving skills needed for new software.
Employees today rely on their computers for a variety of tasks: sending emails, basic calculations, online learning, and communication.
A lot of jobs also require familiarity with a variety of software; teaching employees to navigate products like Microsoft Office or the Adobe Suite is necessary for many job roles.
Because computers are so commonplace in most organizations, and because software exists that makes almost any task easier and more efficient, teaching computer skills from beginner to advanced will ensure your organization is operating at peak efficiency.
This course is designed for adults who have little or no previous experience using a computer and would like the opportunity to learn with others in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Presented as practical, instructor led computer-based training. You will have dedicated access to a computer, so you can follow instructor training and work through in-class activities.
A course workbook is provided electronically. Please bring a USB flash drive to class if you would like to make a copy of your work or any relevant class materials. Alternatively, you can save these to a cloud storage space or email them to your personal email address.
Where can i get the best computer skills training in Nigeria?
After reading the benefits and important Computer skills training, the question is where can you get Computer skills training in Nigeria? The answer is simple, JobSkills Training Institute. They are professionally trained to teach Computer skills and are have been awarded with recognized certificates. They also offer CAESAR II training for students of any qualification.
JobSkills training institute has branches for Computer skills training in Lagos State, Delta state, Rivers state, Edo state, Ogun state and FCT Abuja.
Contact Our Customer Care
Call or WhatsApp +2348164085555, +2349076777762.
All you need to do is REGISTER NOW and be rest assured of getting the best CAESAR II training in Nigeria.