What is instrumentation and control engineering?
Instrumentation and control engineering is a branch of engineering that studies the measurement and control of process variables and the designs and implementation of systems that incorporate them. process variables include pressure, temperature, humidity, flow, PH force and speed, human machine interfaces (HMI), Piping and instrumentation diagram P&ID System. Instrument control engineering combines two branches of engineering. The Instrumentation engineering is the science of the measurement and control of process variables within a production or manufacturing area meanwhile, control engineering also called control system engineering, is the engineering discipline that applies control theory to designs system with desired behaviors.
Common Industrial Process Control Equipment
Depending on the particular industry, there are a plethora of instrumentation and control systems which aid efficiency and productivity of production equipment.
Essential process control instrumentation systems include:
- Level Control & Monitoring
- Pressure Control & Monitoring
- Automated Control Systems
- Temperature Control & Monitoring
- Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA)
What is the role of the engineers?
Control and instrumentation engineers are in charge of managing instrumentation and control system at industrial facilities. typically, a control and instrumentation engineers are responsible for designing, developing and operating control devices and system within an industrial facility.
Why is instrumentation and control essential?
Instrumentation and control is at the core of all industrial and manufacturing activities. within a production facility, every process must be carefully monitored and controlled to proceed in a predetermined fashion that is both optimized and safe. for example, temperature monitoring and control systems at petrochemical plants prevents temperature from arising to critical levels and causing explosion. without electric process heater control panels there could be loss of human lives and the destruction of assets.
What is the future for an Instrumentation graduate?
- Instrumentation Engineers are responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of the entire instrumentation systems of any industrial undertaking.
- The type of instruments needed for ensuring better quality and efficiency of the end product are decided by an instrumentation engineer.
- Instrumentation Engineers design the actuators, positioning devices and robots for industrial automation.
- Instrumentation and control engineers monitor measure and control physical quantities like temperature, pressure and flow in an automated industrial environment.
What is the future for an E&I / IC graduate?
Instrumentation and control engineers are employed in a range of modern industrial settings such as manufacturing, environmental, health, food production, mining and energy production.
- IC/E&I Engineers can find opportunities in any of the following categories
- Instrumentation Engineer / Process Engineer in heavy industries such as thermal power stations, steel plants, refineries, cement and fertilizer plants etc…..
Job prospects / career prospect
Instrumentation engineers can get jobs in R & D units of public and private sector companies. they are also required by heavy industries such as thermal power stations, steel plants refineries and cement and fertilizers plant. They have a multidisciplinary role to play one may choose to move sideways into other careers areas either within or outside their industry . This might include areas such as
- General management
It may also be possible to draw upon your experience to pursue consultancy based work, or to engage in academic research in universities or undertake work as a lecturer trainer.
Who are the employers ?
As a control and instrumentation engineer your skill will be in demand in range of engineering sectors including
The most widely recognized recruiter of C & I engineers however, are the following types of organization
- Chemical engineering
- Fast moving consumer goods
- Oil and gas
- Power generation and energy
Others sectors include aerospace, marine, material and defense engineering and environmental agencies. control and instrumentation engineers are also employed by companies who produce control and instrumentation equipment.
Where can i get the best ICE training in Nigeria?
After reading the benefits and importance of ICE training, the question is where can you get ICE training in Nigeria? The answer is simple, JobSkills Training Institute. They are professionally trained to provide best training as regards ICE, and are been awarded with recognized certificates.
JobSkills training institute has branches for ICE training in Lagos State, Delta state, Rivers state.
Contact Our Customer Care
Call or WhatsApp +2348164085555, +2349076777762.
All you need to do is REGISTER NOW and be rest assured of getting the best ICE training in Nigeria.