PDMS is an engineering design software used in modeling a complete facility from foundation level to the equipment level, structural level, cable tray and cabling system and as well as piping routing and to mention but a few. It allows the user to see a full colored shaded representation of the facility as the design model progresses, adding an extremely level of realism to traditional drawings office techniques.
This course is designed to empower participants in the use of AVEVA Plant Design Management System (PDMS) software in designing Structural, Piping, Electrical, and Instrumentation components of small, medium, large, and multi-billion dollar Power Plant, Marine, Oil, and Gas projects on a real-time and online collaborative platform.
In this course, students are trained in the fundamentals of designing piping systems, as well as their components and required equipment.
Objectives of the training
- To provide trainees with the basic knowledge of Pipes and Plant Design Management Systems
- To train engineers to competently design pipes, workflow stations and 3D Plants using the PDMS Software
- To provide trainees with practical knowledge of the user interface, attributes, positioning and orientation of elements
- To provide a refresher course for those already involved in the oil and gas pipes and plant design operations
Benefits of the training
There are diverse areas of what you stand to gain at the course of the training which include the following:
- Proficiency in modeling a complete facility with a detailed designs and specification (pumps, vessels, beams and column, cable tray)
- Generate MTO and isometric of all modeled pipelines.
- Perform data consistency check for model.
- Perform clash detections.
Who should attend this training?
- Mechanical, chemical and petroleum engineers.
- Designers in the 3D process.
- Draughts men.
- Material engineers
- Metallurgical engineers
- Civil engineers
- Structural engineers
- All related disciplines
Pre-requisites for this training course
- Basic computer appreciation
- Basic knowledge application of AUTOCAD 2D & 3D
- Piping fundamentals
- Structural fundamentals
- Onshore fundamentals
- Offshore fundamentals
How long is PDMS training good for?
The training is to be undergone for 5 days and the certification is valid all through only there is room for improvement and relearning.
The software has full capabilities to handle designs of all kind, from undertaking minor upgrades to existing plants to highly complex installations.
By the end of the piping design and engineering course you will be capable enough to:
- Understand the role of PDMS in engineering industry
- Describe role and responsibilities of PDMS Engineer / Designer/ Administrator
- Discuss piping engineering fundamentals along with pipe fittings and components
- Elucidate piping codes, standards, and calculations
- Able to create piping and equipment layout
- Develop equipment modeling, pipe modeling, structure modeling, cable tray modeling, and HVAC modeling
- Prepare piping deliverable documents and drawings
- Design and model a complete facility (Equipment (pumps and vessels), platforms, beams and columns, ASL, Panels and plates, cable tray, pipework, HVAC system, etc) with a detailed design and specification
- Generate MTO’s and isometrics of all modeled pipe lines.
- Perform Data consistency check for models.
- Perform Clash detection of all pipe routings generated.
- And to mention but a few.
Where can i get the best PDMS training in Nigeria?
After reading the benefits and importance of PDMS training, the question is where can you get PDMS training in Nigeria? The answer is simple, JobSkills Training Institute. They are professionally trained to provide best training as regards PDMS, and are been awarded with recognized certificates.
JobSkills training institute has branches for PDMS training in Lagos State, Delta state, Rivers state.
Contact Our Customer Care
Call or WhatsApp +2348164085555, +2349076777762.
All you need to do is REGISTER NOW and be rest assured of getting the best PDMS training in Nigeria.